At this time of the year we all like to spruce up our homes. It's almost as if the word "Christmas" sets something loose in our brain that tells us we must nest and make everything perfect for that one day!!
Updating your interior décor does not necessarily mean painting and fully redecorating your home, little splashes here and there will make all the difference.
- Use inexpensive pictures or canvases in warm colours such as burgundy and burnt orange. Alternatively if you know any children, who like to make a mess, let them loose with paper or canvas and paint and get your own unique art pieces and this process can then be repeated to get your fresh art work for the Spring/Summer seasons. If this is not for you then it is not hard at all to find art that is not expensive.
- Creating your own centrepiece, for the season, is a great way to spruce up your décor. You can have fun with this by using nature such as leaves, which lets face it, are in plentiful supply at the moment and other pieces of nature including a log for the fire. Add candles to the centrepiece to give a sense of the season very easily.
- Use candles in seasonal colours and vegetation such as conkers, acorns and leaves in jars, on your mantel and window sills to give a warm and cosy feel to the space. Jars filled with sand and pebbles make a great base for night lights to give you this feel.
- In your living room and bedrooms, add new throws and cushion covers in rich colours to give a sense of opulence in your space.
- Heavier blinds and curtains to block drafts and chills will close off your room and give a cosy feel to help you relax as the evenings draw in. My favourite window covering for this purpose would be Plantation shutters. They have all the effectiveness of a good pair of curtains whilst keep the lines clean and the space free of clutter.
- Light your fire!! Is there anything cosier than having a fire roaring up the chimney on a dark and cold winter evening.
I hope you found this article interesting and if you have any questions or would like any information on any of the products shown please don't hesitate to comment and I will come back to you as soon as possible.